ChildFund Australia is an international development agency that works in partnership with children and their communities to create lasting and meaningful change by supporting long‐term community development and promoting children’s rights.
ChildFund Australia directly implements child‐focused development programs in Viet Nam, Papua New Guinea (PNG), Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar, and works in conjunction with the ChildFund Alliance global partnership to deliver programs in countries throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas.
Programs are funded by sponsorship contributions, grants, donations and other revenue. ChildFund Australia has an extensive child sponsorship program with more than 55,000 children in 24 countries sponsored by Australians.
ChildFund Australia’s goals are to deliver quality development programs that are respectful, responsive and effective.
ChildFund Vietnam is the representative office of ChildFund Australia – an independent and non- religious international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in the developing world.
ChildFund began working in Vietnam in 1995 and operates community development programs in the areas of education, water and sanitation, sustainable livelihoods, food security, child rights and child protection and maternal and child health, including HIV prevention.
ChildFund’s programs are being implemented across the northern provinces of Bac Kan, Cao Bang and Hoa Binh, where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalised sections of the population.
The Swipe Safe project is a three-years project, funded by the Global Fund to End Violence Against Children. The project will work in three provinces of Cao Bang, Bac Kan and Hoa Binh, from July 2017 to June 2020 “To empower young people to make the most of the online world, through educating them on internet risks and protective strategies, and by equipping their parents and teachers to be online-safety partners”.
Position Title: Project Coordinator (PjC)
Project “Swipe_Safe: Helping Young People Make the Most of the Online World”
Location: ChildFund Vietnam – Hanoi Office with frequent travels to project areas including Hoa Binh, Cao Bang and Bac Kan.
Employment status: Full-time, three-year contract
- The Project Coordinator reports to the Grants and Project Development Coordinator to comply all requirements from the donor.
- Technically the PC works closely with the Child Protection Specialist and the Child Protection Advisor in Vietnam to ensure the technical quality of the project.
- The PC works closely with the responsibled Program Officers and Provincial Managers in three Area
- Development Offices to implement the project activities.
The PjC is responsible for all the technical aspects and overall management of the “Swipe_Safe: Helping Young People Make the Most of the Online World” project, to be carried out in the three provinces Cao Bang, Bac Kan, Hoa Binh and its final quality and results. S/he ensures the smooth operation of the project based on the project proposal, agreement and implementation plan in order to achieve desired project results.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Project Management, Reporting, and Designing
- Be the focal point contact person with all project stakeholders;
- Design full project proposal based on the Concept Note approved by the donor;
- Facilitate the implementation of project’s activities following strictly the implementation plan, budget and donor’s requirements;
- Work with key stakeholders to analyse and select technical solutions/interventions during project development and implementation;
- Cooperate with key stakeholders and partners to coordinate project planning, implementation, and monitoring according to the project agreement/ commitment and proposal;
- Undertake regular visits to the field for supervision and take necessary actions for improvement in quality of project implementation;
- Be the liaison contact person with donors, Sydney office on the project progress, implementation and reporting.
- Ensure the project met the “minimum standards” of ChildFund Vietnam in relation to project management, working principles and themes, methodology, and policies.
2. Financial Management and Reporting
- Manage the project budget to make sure that the project’s financial progress is ontime;
- Supervise and ensure that the project budget is used effectively for project activities;
- Review budget plan, request for money transfers, and montly financial reports prepared by ADOs.
3. Capacity Building and Technical Support
- Work with local and international consultants to develop training curriculum and materials; design and implement capacity building activities to children, youth, parents, teachers , communities, local authorities and relevant stakeholders in the area of internet and online safety education when required in the implementation process of the project;
- Deliver training and ToT for ChildFund Vietnam project staff and partners;
- Coach other staff and partners in delivery of training;
- Support to ChildFund Vietnam staff and partners with trouble-shooting ICT elements of project;
- Contribute to regular technical and methodological support of projects through visits and contacts etc., with local staff and implementing partners.
4. Policy advocacy and communications, Information and knowledge management
- Manage communication activities related to the project in cooperation with the Coms team;
- Inform ChildFund managers advocacy opportunities related to the project and follow-up (if any);
- Ensure project information is managed and shared acorrding to the standards and practice of ChildFund Vietnam.
- Engage in extensive, regular consultations with all project stakeholders, including participating communities, mass organisations, government ministries and departments, local volunteers, ChildFund project staff, and consultants;
- Liaise with local technical institutions to propose their technical inputs for the projects as needed.
6. Relationship Building & Representation
- Maintain contact with other NGOs through meetings and forum etc. to ensure mutual awareness of activities and projects;
- Network with government officials and other agencies on issues and activities related to the project;
- Participate in the organisational and program networking activities;
- Contribute to identifying the specific contributions of the program and co-ordinate with other organisations that may benefit from visiting;
- Assist/Participate in meeting with partners as required;
- Maintain a close relationship with partners and government representatives for feedback meeting at district and provincial levels;
- Represent ChildFund Vietnam at relevant workshops;
- Establish appropriate information-sharing relationships with staff in similar positions within other
- INGOs, government agencies and academic institutions in Vietnam and internationally.
7. Organisational and Team Development
- Participate in program meetings;
- Provide support to other sectors of ChildFund’s program where appropriate upon request.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ChildFund activities in the overall in Vietnam strategic plan;
- Actively contribute to the development and promotion of ChildFund values, culture and learning approach;
- Participate in other relevant activities organised by ChildFund Vietnam.
- Commitment to ChildFund Australia’s values, vision and mission: demonstrates a strong belief in ChildFund Australia’s core purpose, and reflects the values of the organisation in daily activities and behaviours;
- Teamwork: the ability to work cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member;
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing;
- Accountability and integrity: our obligation as individuals to account for our activities, to accept responsibility for them, and to disclose the results in a transparent manner; and
- Adaptability and flexibility: the ability to meet changing conditions and respond to new organisational requirements, with flexibility and resilience.
Functional Competencies – Technical
- Knowledge of overall context of development activities in Vietnam as well as the latest
- stipulations and laws specifically related to internet and communications;
- Understanding of living conditions in different areas of Vietnam;
- Outstanding knowledge of Information Communications Technology;
- Excelent literacy of using digital equipments including smart phones, tablets …;
- Abililty to engage with partners in the business sector;
- Ability to develop reports, review and monitor spread sheets and budgets, develop budgets based on activities, planning and projections on time and to a high standard;
- Ability to undertake detailed activities with accuracy;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, proactive and work with a minimum supervision;
- Ability to respond to urgent demands while maintaining on-going implementation of activities;
- Ability to work independently to deliver ideas for work building and development;
- Abitlity and skills in organising and providing trainings;
- Ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organisation;
- Good time management skills to perform multi-tasks at a same time and meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills, good conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Working effectively with and through others;
- Good presentation and facilitation skills;
- Computer literacy and experience with computerized information (including spreadsheets, databases), familiar with software packages under Windows and E-mail;
Qualifications and experiences
- University qualification in relevant field related to the technical area;
- At least 2 year experience participating in relevant projects;
- Experience with donor-funded projects and managing development projects, programs in remote or rural areas and;
- Experience developing curriculum for adults and children, providing training on internet usage;
- Experiences in youth leadership and partnership development;
WORKING CONDITIONS & OTHER ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- This is project-based position based in Hanoi with regular and extensive travel to ChildFund’s project areas (at least 50%);
- Adherence to written confidentiality policy/agreement is required;
- The successful candidate will be offered a three-year contract from June 2017. Salary will be set according to experience and qualifications, in accordance with ChildFund’s salary scale;
- Appointment to this position is dependent upon successful completion of a Police Check and signing of ChildFund’s Child Safeguarding policy and procedure Code of conduct;
- In this position you will be required to conduct follow‐up Police Check every 2 years or at any other time when required to do so by ChildFund;
- Commitment and adherence to ChildFund policies and procedures is required;
- Other working conditions and benefits are outlined in ChildFund’s HR, PDP and Operations Manuals
STANDARD OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (OHS) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the organisation and take all reasonable care that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of colleagues in the workplace.
How to apply
Candidates please send your CV and cover letter to email [email protected] before the deadline: 27/6/2017.
Any questions, please contact 043.8265118 (Ms.Tram)
2,731 người xem