Powered by IDH, the Coffee Program is a global, pre-competitive public-private initiative which involves trade and industry partners, (local) governments, NGOs and standard setting organizations operating in the coffee sector. Our ambition is to accelerate sustainable coffee production to a mainstream breakthrough level by uniting the sector and providing a forum for close collaboration with local governments. The Program aims to increase the production, yields and export availability of sustainably grown coffee, enabling coffee producers to become more resilient with climate change.
The Coffee Program globally and Vietnam
In the period of 2018-2020, the Coffee program focus on proving for 3 concepts:
- Concept 1: Smallholder Resilience
- Through innovative service delivery eco-systems, income resilience (diversification & productivity) and joint household (business) decision making (improved gender equality), smallholder household resilience will be strengthened, and the coffee supply base will be more stable and sustainable.
- Concept 2: Water and Climate Smart Agriculture
- Through policy dialogue, testing field innovations (incl. large scale infrastructure investments) and innovative financial solutions, economically viable and water efficient smallholder irrigation access will be rolled out at scale, leading to less water use (VN) and more climate smart production systems (UG, TZ).
- Concept 3: Responsible agro-input management
- Through policy dialogue, IF deals for input financing and innovative SDM eco-systems, agro-input use is more efficient (economically) and more environmentally responsible, leading to less pollution and increased income for smallholder farmers.
Among those 3 concepts, the program in Vietnam focuses on proving for concept 2 and 3.
In order to support the IDH coffee program manager and coordinator, IDH is recruiting a Program Assistant with the relevant expertise, work experience, independent and the reach to work with the Vietnam coffee sector. The Program Assistant will be accountable and report regularly to the IDH Coffee Program Coordinator.
1. Provide administrative and financial support for the implementation of convening and policy dialogue activities under the coffee program in Vietnam, including but not limited to:
- Water management for efficient use of water in coffee production, especially coordinate for the implementation of the research on irrigation system being conducted by Fresh Studio/Agrilogic
- Improved fertilizer management to reduce the use of low-quality, fake and over use of chemical fertilizers
- Learnings and sharing activities under the production sub-committee of Vietnam Coffee Coordination Board (VCCB)
- The pilot and scale up of applying the agrochemical apps in key coffee production areas of Vietnam
- The integration of learnings from FLPs, researches into the revision and promotion of National Sustainability Curriculum (NSC)
- The exploration of new opportunities for development of coffee program beyond 2020 in Dak Nong, Gia Lai provinces and covering other topics/partners
2. Provide administrative support to the design, contracting and monitoring of the field level projects in Vietnam
- Arrange the implementation and distribution of Service Delivery Models (SDM) analysis.
- In charge of administrative procedures and contracting
- Arrange trips, meetings and monitoring of FLPs
- Support administratively for FLP learning activities, in collaboration with Global Coffee Platform (GCP) and Vietnam Coffee Coordination Board (VCCB)
- Support the communication and maintenance of relationships with private partners of the program
- Liaise with related organisations working in the same areas – i.e. key government, private sector and international institutions.
Support the development of communication materials, such as writing newsletters, website articles, fact sheets, etc. in collaboration with external partners and IDH Communication team
4. Program Management:
- Provide administrative support, event organization for all related program activities
- Support the preparation of program reports and work plans
- Regular report to IDH Coffee Program Coordinator on activities and measurable results
5. Other works assigned by IDH Coffee Program Manager and Coordinator
- A Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Trade, Economics or relevant study
- At least 1-year work experience as Management Assistant or relevant other position
- Knowledge of the Vietnam Coffee sector.
- Proven experience in project management and (financial) administration
- Experience in international development is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Passion for, knowledge of and experience in the field of sustainability
Terms and conditions of employment
This position is based in Hanoi, with travel to the Central Highlands.
IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team. The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with the possibility to extend.
Interested candidates should send their CV and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position and your CV/resume, to Iris van Oort, HR Officer, at [email protected] and Tran Quynh Chi, at [email protected]
Applications must be received by 30 January 2019.
(*) Note: Please indicate YBOX.VN as the source of recruitment news in your cover letter. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
621 người xem