Finance Officer (Maternal Leave Substitute)
ERMS OF REFERENCEMATERNAL LEAVE SUBSTITUTE FINANCE OFFICER POSITION
About Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is an internationally operating non-profit institution that has become a provider of political education and a center for progressive social research in both Germany and throughout the world. It is part of a transnational, progressive and solidary network striving for democratic and social participation and empowerment.RLS works within the tradition of workers’ and womens’ movements and is affiliated with the German political party “The Left/ Die Linke”.
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Southeast Asia (RLS SEA) embraces the mission of supporting transformation countries, such as Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam to a socially just, sustainable, participatory and democratic society. The RLS SEA Regional Representative Office has been opened in April 2009 in Hanoi and is currently cooperating with approximately 15 partner organizations such as academic institutions and universities, non-government-organizations (NGOs) and government institutions as well as with parliaments. RLS SEA’s activities and partnerships focus on a variety of issues under three major themes, i.e. “program components” such as “social justice”, “socio-ecological transformation” and “participatory politics”.
Position Job Description
The Finance Officer is responsible for supporting the RLS’s Representative Office in Vietnam (RLS SEA) and its cooperation partners in planning and controlling budgets and financial reports of both Core and Climate Change program. S/he is in charge of managing and monitoring financially related activities as well as the reporting of RLS funds in an effective way. S/he works under the direct supervision of the Chief Finance Manager.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Responsible for financial project management of the assigned projects and s/he
- Monitors together with the Project Manager, RLS SEA’s cooperation partners in the budgeting process;
- Monitors RLS SEA’s cooperation partners in financial management of their projects and in reporting including:
- Control all process in payables, receivables, finance- and project booking for RLS SEA’s cooperation partners,
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of financial management with RLS SEA’s cooperation partners,
- Maintain and qualify forms, datasheet, financial guidelines of RLS and the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ),
- Ensure funds for project are spent according to the financial guidelines of RLS and BMZ,
- nsure financial project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately,
- Control the whole Climate Change program including monitoring the total program fund, monitoring the project funds, budgets and spending, monitoring the overall balance after a month and a quarter.
- Effectively develops and applies financial management systems and reporting methods. Prepare, together with the Project Managers, monitoring and evaluation procedures regarding efficiency of projects.
2. Responsible for finance reporting
- Effectively communicates relevant information to the Director and Chief Finance Manager as well as within RLS SEA’s team,
- Ensures translation of Vietnamese into English and vice versa of project-related financial information and documents.
3. Responsible for relevant capacity building of partner and provide RLS SEA’s cooperation partners, if necessary, methodologies and/or other financial management tools, applied by RLS for enhancing project efficiency and effectiveness.
4. General finance related & other responsibilities
- Assist the Chief Finance Manager in project financial reporting and other assigned financially related work,
- Assist the Director and the Chief Finance Manager upon request,
- Willing to work at weekends or after working hours, upon request,
- Willing to travel for business trip purpose within Vietnam and abroad.
Report to: Director of RLS SEAIs substitute for: Finance Manager of RLS SEAWill be substituted by: Finance Manager of RLS SEA
Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Finance & Accounting, Economics or similar fields,
- At least 2 years professional experience in financial management, book keeping and accounting – international accounting certification is an asset.
Skills and Competences
- Proficient in English speaking, reading and writing,
- Excellent skills in using MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook,
- Familiar with software assisting finance management and project accounting,
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully,
- Well-developed presentation skills,
- Team-oriented, proven ability and motivation to collaborate with other, find solutions and share successes together with colleagues and partners.
Additional information regarding the position
This position will be based in Hanoi office and involves frequent to travel to Lao. It is substituted for a maternal leave position and the estimated duration for this position is from 27 November 2017 to 15 July 2018.
RLS would like to invite interested candidates to submit their application following international standards in English language including:CV;
- A motivation letter including salary expectation.
- Application deadline: 17 November 2017.
Please be informed that only written and complete application packages like described above meeting all above mentioned requirements will be considered and invited for interview, which will take place on 20-22 November.
Please submit your application to Mrs. Nguyen Le Hang (RLS SEA Office Manager) via the e-mail address: [email protected]. Subject: [RLS - 112017] Position - Your Name
Inquiries are only accepted before the application deadline. Please refrain from phone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted!
468 người xem