Established in January 2010, the Center for Supporting Community Development Initiatives (SCDI) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization registered under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations.
SCDI deeply believes that each individual and community has great hidden potential, which can be used not only to tackle their own problems, but also to contribute to the development of the society. Through the approach of empowerment together with policy advocacy, SCDI aims to create motivation and an environment for these potentials to be realized in favor of positive goals.
The Children and Youth program at SCDI focuses on marginalized and vulnerable children and young people, with a view to support and enhance their life skills, resilience, mitigate potential risks and increase their access to education, healthcare and opportunity for development.
Saving the future – Innovative strategies to control HIV among young people who use drugs in Vietnam (5PC project) is a 3 year project (2016-2019), funded by France’s 5% Initiatives, which aims to enhance the quality of HIV intervention among the young people aged 16 - 24 who use drugs by means of innovative strategies. The project will be implemented in 8 provinces with a variety of activities ranging from research to service delivery with a close collaboration with community-based organizations (CBOs) and relevant stakeholders.
We are seeking Vietnamese applicant for the position of Program Officer to directly support the 5PC project.
Term of Reference
Program Officer – Children and Youth Program (Hanoi)
Application Deadline: 31 Jan 2018
Working location: Hanoi Office, 240 Mai Anh Tuan str, Hanoi
The Program Officer will work in collaboration with the Children and Youth team, under the supervision of the team manager, to execute assigned tasks to ensure the program and projects function smoothly and at maximum effectiveness. Tasks include (but not limited to):
- Participate in developing work plan and budget for activities;
- Organize project activities, including trainings, workshops, monitoring trips, communication, to deliver desirable outcomes within projected time frame and quality;
- Provide support to international technical advisors in terms of interpretation and material development;
- Liaise with provincial officers, community-based organizations, consultants and other stakeholders to implement relevant activities;
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to provincial officers and other stakeholders participating in project activities;
- Manage and update program’s files, reports, technical and communication materials;
- Support and participate in new activities and projects when required.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in social work, management or other social sciences
- At least 2 years of work experience, experience in social work, development project or children/youth related areas is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding or experience about children and youth, especially vulnerable groups that SCDI is working with (people living with HIV, sex workers, drug users, LGBT, migrants, etc.)
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team and with diverse groups of stakeholders
- High responsibility, resourcefulness, ability to under pressure
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills; interpretation/translation capacity (English to Vietnamese and vice versa) is a plus
- Professional knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and other internet-based working tools.
Salary and Compensation:
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with capacity and experience, with an opportunity of reviewed annually based on staff’s performance.
- Benefit package (insurance, annual leave, health check and incentives) as regulated by Vietnam’s Labor Law and SCDI’s policies.
- Participation in staff development program.
- Probation: 2 months, salary during probation time is equivalent to 85% starting salary.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a CV (maximum 2 pages) via email to [email protected] with the email topic: UNG TUYEN CBDA_TE_Hovaten before 31 Jan 2018 including
- A Cover Letter in Vietnamese.
SCDI offers equal employment opportunity for all applicants, irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and religion. SCDI encourages members of vulnerable communities with suitable capacity to apply for position at SCDI.
762 người xem