The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Food Systems Strategy, Policy and Support Service of the Policy & Programme Division. This position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months starting as soon as possible.
WFP recently created a Food Systems Strategy Policy and Support Service dedicated to strengthening WFP's capacity to leverage its food assistance portfolio toward hunger-reducing food system transformation, and ultimately toward Zero Hunger. Effective communication and advocacy are essential components of this work, to strengthen internal and external awareness and build strong communities of practice. Within this context, the Communications and Advocacy Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Programme and Policy Officer, Communication and Knowledge Management, Food Systems Service (OSZS).
The Intern's main duties include:
- Strengthen and expand food systems online presence by:
- Updating, creating and editing content for social media, internal and external websites, and other communications platforms;
- Contributing toward building a social media presence for the Deputy Director as an online influencer;
- Engaging in online forums and communities of practice; and
- Mapping and engaging with relevant influencers and outlets to amplify messages.
- Support development of visibility materials, and keep them up-to-date, including fact sheets, brochures, and other publications.
- Develop infographics and devise other innovative ways of visualizing information.
- Support the research, drafting, editing and design of key food systems documents - including reports, studies and concept notes - as required. In particular, read, review and summarize key takeaways from various sources.
- Monitor trends, issues and events relevant to the field of food systems. Summarize and share to keep colleagues informed, and support engagement with stakeholders.
- Attend meetings and other events. Produce and share summaries and notes for the record to disseminate highlights.
- Support as required with activities such as presentations and the preparation and organisation of high-level meetings and conferences.
- Manage mailing lists and key contacts.
- Respond to internal and external information queries as needed.
- Any other duties as required.
Opportunity is About:
Administration & GovernmentEconomics, Business, Management & FinanceInternational AffairsMedia, Marketing & PRTransportation & Communication
Candidates should be from Vietnam and >100 other countries
Standard minimum qualifications
- Currently enrolled in or have recently graduated from a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Development Studies; International Relations; Media & Communications; Social Science or other relevant field; having completed at least two years of undergraduate study and attended courses in the last 12 months;
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal & written communication skills;
- Good computer skills, particularly command of MS Office;
- Experience with or training in social media, content management systems and web content is an advantage;
- Skills and maturity gained from relevant jobs or internships is desirable;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to stay calm, positive and work well under pressure, and adhere to tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of major humanitarian and development issues, including food security and nutrition
Cost/funding for participants:
Partially Funded Terms and conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of $700 per month, depending on the location of the internship. The current amount for Rome is around $600;
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
- Conversion of internships to any other type of contract or appointment in any activity of WFP is not foreseen upon the hiring of an intern.
Deadline: May 15, 2017
5,109 người xem